cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP500 not compatible with Windows 11

BMertens
Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 preinstalled and while setting up all my devices and apps, I realized that I can't set up my Canon MP550 printer. With windows scan I can manage to scan documents, but I can't print anything. On the canon driver website, it says that my printer is not supported on windows 11, but since there is a way to scan documents, there must be a way to also print documents.

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try going in to view devices and printers on your computer and click add printer. That may install a Windows generic printer driver and allow you to print. 

If that does not work, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Nevilli
Apprentice

Hi there, I also bought a new Windows 11 notebook for my wife. So this is extremely disappointing. Can you please provide Windows 11 drivers. 
In the interest of carbon footprint, excess electronic waste, wasted printer cartridges, can you please do the right thing for the environment. I expect you have good Software Engineering practices and this should be easy.  Thank you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements