cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Printer Not Showing

silvia2019
Apprentice

Hi! I downloaded and installed the MX922 driver in my MAC and it's not showing in the printer's section. I have MOJAVE 10.14.3. I used to see it but then decided to download a newer version and deleted the old version from my laptop. So now I don't have any printer showing.

Any guidance/tips will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi silvia2019,

I understand that you have reinstalled the driver for your MX922, however the printer is not being detected by your computer. With the information provided it is unclear if the printer is connected via USB or wirelessly. Disconnect the USB cable, if necessary. Please restart your computer.

Once your computer is fully restarted and it was connected with a USB cable, reconnect the USB cable and attempt to print. If it was not connected with a USB cable perform the following steps:

Print the Network Configuration Page from the Printer. Click HERE for information on printing the Network Configuration Page. Once this page is printed, return the printer back to it’s home screen (Copy screen)

Review the document for the following information:

• SSID: (ensure this is your network name)
  • Signal Strength (preferably higher than 75%)
  • IPv4 IP Address (should start with either 192, 172, or 10)

On your computer in the upper right corner click on the Wi-Fi icon (near the time and date) confirm that your computer is on the same network as the network the printer is on. If they are not on the same network, this may be the reason there is a communication issue. The computer may have moved to a different network or the network may have changed. In the event that the network has changed recently, click HERE for information on connecting your printer back to the network.

Thank you much for your reply. I have check the network and all seems to be OK. I still cannot see the printer and I have reinstalled about 3-4 times. I had not problems the first time.

Hi silvia2019,

Thank you for your reply, To continue troubleshooting this issue, please perform the following steps:

1. Open the Printers & Scanners window.
  2. On your keyboard hold down the CONTROL key.
  3. While holding down the Control key, click on an empty are of the printer list.
  4. A small window stating, RESET PRINTING SYSTEM will pop up. 
  5. Click on RESET PRINTING SYSTEM.
  6. The computer will ask do you want to reset the printing system.
  7. It may also ask for your computer's password.
  8. Once the process has completed.
  9. Restart the computer.

There are two setting on the MX922 that may need to be changed to make it work better on your network. Normally these settings are enabled. I recommend that you disable them.

To disable the IPv6 setting, please do the following:

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
  2. Press the MENU button.
  3. Press the DOWN arrow 7 times to SETUP, press OK.
  4. Press the LEFT arrow 1 time to DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
  5. Press the DOWN arrow 2 times to LAN SETTINGS, press OK.
  6. Press the DOWN arrow 3 times to OTHER SETTINGS, press OK.
  7. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to TCP/IP SETTINGS, press OK.
  8. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to IPv6, press OK.
  9. The message, “LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment.” will appear on the screen, press the UP arrow 1 time to YES, press OK.
  10. Press OK for ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6.
  11. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to DISABLE, press OK.
  12. Look at the screen to confirm that the setting has been changed.
  13. Press the BACK button 2 times returning to the OTHER SETTINGS menu.

Once the IPv6 setting has been disabled, the Wireless LAN DRX Settings will need to be disabled. Please perform the following steps to disable the Wireless LAN DRX Settings.

1. Press the DOWN arrow 5 times to WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTINGS, press OK.
  2. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to DISABLE, press OK.
  3. Press the COPY button.

Now both of these settings have been disabled, restart the printer. Then, try to locate the printer and perform a test print from your computer.

I have a mac.  Last night I disconnected the printer, because I was following the Router_change_MX922_mac manual.  Now I cannot find the printer.  I have installed the drivers and software multiple times, followed these steps that you outlined, and the printer still does not show up.  Please help.

Announcements