cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8280cw connection issues

bswaff
Contributor
We just purchased a MF8280cw. I have been trying to configure it to connect to our Wi-Fi which incidentally has multiple devices already connected. I am unable to get past the connecting message. I have double checked and reentered the SSID numerous times. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for quick response.

From the menu of printer, i click update firmware and it did all the things directly.

I also checked if there is any new firmware. 

I hope this was the correct step.

Please note that still i am facing the same issue with clound.

As i have made so many changes in settings, can you please advise me if i can reset the printer settings to defualt / factory.

My printer is totally useless now.

It is even not printing, not scanning.

It is just working as copier.

I did firmware update directly from the printer.

Can you advise the procedure to reset.

Hello sainmym,

I recommend contacting us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.  I understand that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

tomlewis
Apprentice

Also Windows 7, 64 bit.

The printer just sits there doing nothing. If I cycle the power it will connect to the netowrk but nothing printers, then a day or so later, it doesn't have access to the network any more and I have to go through the WPS hassle again.

Any hints to:

1) Get it to print?

2) Stay connected to the network?

Announcements