cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA MX452 needs to be reconnected to my home WIFI

llyates
Apprentice

I was not successful in getting my new I-Phone onto my home WIFI network and called Verizon for assistance. In the process, they remotely disconnected the Router/Modem combo and changed the password. So, they got the phone on and re-hooked up my laptop to the WIFI, but apparently, we did not get the wireless Cannon PIXMA MX452 rehooked up. I just watched a YouTube showing how to do it, but it was for a MAC. My laptop is a Windows System 7. So, I tried just now to re-connect to the WIFI and the printer wouldn't go.  What can I do. I was in the middle of doing some things using the printer and finding this most inconvenient.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi llyates,

To update your network information on your PIXMA MX452, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX452.

2.  Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.

4.  Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.

6.  Enter your WEP key and press <OK>.  Please verify the WEP, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate.  To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.

7.  Press <OK> on the confirmation screen.  The PIXMA MX452 will search for the access point.

8.  When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements