cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PIXMA MX452 needs to be reconnected to my home WIFI

llyates
Apprentice

I was not successful in getting my new I-Phone onto my home WIFI network and called Verizon for assistance. In the process, they remotely disconnected the Router/Modem combo and changed the password. So, they got the phone on and re-hooked up my laptop to the WIFI, but apparently, we did not get the wireless Cannon PIXMA MX452 rehooked up. I just watched a YouTube showing how to do it, but it was for a MAC. My laptop is a Windows System 7. So, I tried just now to re-connect to the WIFI and the printer wouldn't go.  What can I do. I was in the middle of doing some things using the printer and finding this most inconvenient.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi llyates,

To update your network information on your PIXMA MX452, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX452.

2.  Use the left or right button to select Device Settings and press <OK>.

3.  Use the left or right button to select LAN Settings and press <OK>.

4.  Use the left or right button to select Wireless LAN Setup and press <OK>.

6.  Enter your WEP key and press <OK>.  Please verify the WEP, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate.  To switch between letters and numbers, press the * key.

7.  Press <OK> on the confirmation screen.  The PIXMA MX452 will search for the access point.

8.  When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements