cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743 disconnecting from network

donpjr
Apprentice

After some frustrations I finally got my new MF743 functioning relatively well.   It's connected wirelessly to my home wireless.  I use it infrequently and every time I need to scan or print, the printer says not connected to PC.   I have to run through the network setup on the printer screen (about 10 or 12 button presses) to get it connected again.   I am far from an IT experts so hoping there is a simple setting somewhere that solves this problem   Has anybody had this issue and solved it?   Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, donpjr!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the suggestion. Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I'm not sure if there are other details to share, I'm an infrequent user of the printer. When I open my laptop it wakes up and lets me get to work. The printer doesn't do that, it wants me to run through the network setup again as it can't find the PC to send a scan to. I would like the printer to work like the laptop, wake up and get to work when I need it.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Donpjr,

If the scanner can't find the computer on the network, it could be caused by a drop in the network communication or a problem with the scanner software on the computer being unable to reach the scanner. If you are unable to find the computer when you scan, I would suggest checking the network settings using the steps HERE and the ipv4 address using the steps HERE. If the printer has a good connection status and an IP address, you can try unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can see if the scanner can find the computer.

If you do not have a good network connection, you can try moving the printer closer to the router to see if you get a better connection. You can check the connection by opening a web page on your computer and entering the printer's ipv4 address into your address bar to see if you can get to the printer's remote user interface page. If you are unable to get to the printer's remote user interface page, there is something wrong with the connection/network environment. 

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some additional  assistance.

1. When you can't scan from the operation panel, can you scan from your computer using the MF scan utility? If not, what error do you get?
  2. How far is the printer from your wireless router?
  3. When you check the printer's ipv4 address, can your computer get to the remote user interface page?

For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements