cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY MB2720 Won't Connect to Phone or Laptop

matsui55
Apprentice

My MB2720 printer says that it is connected to WiFi (97% signal strength). However, it won't connect to my phone / laptop, and even when opening the cloud app on the printer it says no connection to internet. I have tried using wired LAN, as well as multiple WiFi settings. The internet had previously been working fine until the past week. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Since resetting the router fixes the issue, I recommend try setting the printer for auto power on. This way, you wont have to turn the printer off since it will enter a sleep mode. Once you go to print, the print job will turn the printer back on. 

Please click HERE for the steps to adjust auto power on your printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mike

Hi matsui55!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the operating system on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

One thing to verify, if you haven't already, would be to make sure the devices that you are trying to print from, like your phone and laptop, are connected to the 2.4 Ghz band of your WiFi. That is the band used by the printers to receive wireless data. With the 5.0Ghz band, increased chances of too much data hitting the printer's memory too quickly may result in data loss or printer freeze-ups. This is especially true of large picture files. 

So, after making sure that all devices are on the 2.4 Ghz band - including the printer, if the issue persists, the next step would be to reboot everything. EVEN the router, which sometimes gets overlooked, and try again. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here: https://canon.us/MyCanonAccount

Thanks! 

I am using Windows 11. I tried the above, and the printer worked once I reset the router. However, once the printer shut down for inactivity and I turned it back on the next day, I had the same issues. Once I reset the router, it worked again, so I am not sure what the issue is. 

I would note that I can't even connect to the cloud apps when the printer is not connecting to the internet. 

Hi,

Since resetting the router fixes the issue, I recommend try setting the printer for auto power on. This way, you wont have to turn the printer off since it will enter a sleep mode. Once you go to print, the print job will turn the printer back on. 

Please click HERE for the steps to adjust auto power on your printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This had worked for a couple of weeks, but now it is still disconnecting even though it is auto power on. The only solution remains resetting the router. 

Hi Matsui55! 

Our friendly printer support agents are happy to help. You can reach them at 1-844-462-9439 Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET excluding holidays. Make sure your printer is registered to get connected. Access and update your My Canon Account at: http://canon.us/account

Announcements