cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 How to remove "Canon My Printer" from Windows 11?

drummermikey
Contributor

I am trying to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for an MG3620 and have been able to remove everything except this.

What is the purpose of this and how to get it off the computer? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there!

I've been told by support that if you run the installation wizard found at canon.us/ijsetup, it will reinstall everything necessary, and fix most issues. 

I hope this helps! 😊

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is "this" what you are referring to?

shadowsports_2-1680489510732.png

Its either an installed program or an App.

Try visiting Control Panel > Programs and Features > then uninstall

If its an App, you can probably right-click on it and uninstall from your All Apps list

Start Menu > All Apps > Canon Utilities... 

shadowsports_3-1680489782348.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. So I uninstalled all drivers and related applications for the printer but by windows path: settings>apps>apps & features, I see a comprehensive list of all the apps on the computer by name and for each there's a corresponding file size to the right of the app name. For example, I see Calculator, then Camera, next one down is Canon My Printer (but there's no file size indicated). This seems to be some kind of leftover program associated with the driver software but when I try to uninstall it I get a pop up that reads with a large red X circle, Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\uninst.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

After I removed all the driver software, I rebooted but this Canon My Printer is still there....it may be unimportant but I need to do a completely fresh driver install and I'm thinking this needs to go away first. Any ideas? Thanks again.

It is an independent program, so it shouldn't impact driver installation.

I have experienced cases where software is uninstalled but it lingers in Control Panel->Programs & Features. Sometimes a message will pop up saying program has been deleted do you want to remove from list.

On my PC some programs in the Control Panel->Programs & Features list the size and some don't. Canon My Printer is one that doesn't.

I don't see it available on US site, but offshore sites offer the program: My Printer Ver.3.3.0 (Windows).

Sometimes running the free CCleaner app to do a registry cleanup resolves those issues.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Very much appreciate that john. I'm going to get the registry cleaner a try and I'll let you know. Thank you

Hey there!

I've been told by support that if you run the installation wizard found at canon.us/ijsetup, it will reinstall everything necessary, and fix most issues. 

I hope this helps! 😊

Thank you steven, I appreciate your reach out. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again

Please do! 

Thanks Stephen,

Reinstalled the driver package and it's good to go again (I admit I was a little excited I'd have no choice but to foot for a new printer;). Bought this low-budget model back in 2017 and find it remarkable that the thing is still going. All the best.....

Announcements