cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an ARM 64-bit driver for the Canon imageRUNNER Advance C5560i printer?

alan-seattle
Apprentice

I am on a new Microsoft Surface Pro X, trying to install the Canon ir-ADV C5560i printer on it with Windows 10 Pro.  None of the printer drivers on the Canon support website for it will install at all (UFRII, PCL6, PS) ... keeps giving me the error "Cannot correctly run this installer on this operating system.  Use an installer compatible with your operating system."  Since these are network printers with an IP address assigned to them, I tried to brute force create a printer using TCP/IP address, but it won't accept the CNLBOM.INF driver file as valid.  This all likely has to do with the ARM 64-bit processor in the Surface Pro X.  Normally you can install a 32-bit driver or app on the ARM 64-bit processor in Windows 10 Pro, but the Canon printer drivers are a combined 32-bit and 64-bit driver version which Windows 10 Pro on the ARM64-bit processor won't recognize.  I also tried the TCP/IP printer setup using the Microsoft MS XPS Class driver , which connects to it and prints, but it doesn't recognize the printers double-sided options or any other of the printer's options.  Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is not.  You'll need to contact your dealer for more information regarding current or  future ARM driver availability.

ARM.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

nagmale1
Apprentice

I have the same problem, and until canon develops an ARM64 print driver you will not be able to install your printer.  Microsoft blew it on this one. Microsoft is blaming the printer manufactures for their incompetence.

alan-seattle
Apprentice

Microsoft Tech Support a week later acknowledged they do not have a solution to this.  We had other ARM64 related issues with the Surface, our SonicWALL VPN now longer installs properly and it will only install 32-bit versions of most software.  We are returning the Surface for our money back and will buy a replacement PC/tablet that has been backed and tested by the industry, unlike the Surface Pro X.  Poor choice of new processor technology to roll out without 64-bit capability and the support of the industry.

Announcements