cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a new router and my Pixma mx922 will not prompt for passphrase to set up wireless

Realtor1822
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Realtor1822,

When the password prompt does not appear, that is an indication that your router does not support that method of connecting your PIXMA MX922.

In cases such as these , the methods that will work are:

WPS (Push button method)

WPS (PIN code method)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

zonker803
Contributor

Same problem, but I didn't get a new router. I got a replacement for a defective gateway. Same model, requires a password to access, MX922 was connected before, I'm even using the same password on the new gateway, but printer doesn't prompt to enter a password. It just refuses to connect and suggests I check the passphrase, which it won't let me do.

zonker803
Contributor

I found a solution that works for me. I accessed the replacement gateway through my browser using 192.168.whatever. The SSID default setup was WPA2/WPA3 (AES). I figured WPA3 might be newer than the printer, so I set up an SSID2 using just WPA2. The printers WLAN setup picked up on both networks and I selected #2. The printer prompted for a passphrase like it's supposed to and completed the setup. I'm able to print on the wifi network  and it works fine. The problem might not be the missing WPS button. It might be the printer draws a blank when it runs across new encryption code.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements