cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get the MF217w to work after new install

dmega
Contributor

Hi.  I just got a new SSD for my computer as the last one died.  I tried to install the Canon MF217w with the drivers on the Canon website.  The first being this => UFR II Printer Driver - V21.20, Fax Driver - V10.10 (MF217w/MF216n), ScanGear - V11.3, I followed the instructions, left the printer unplugged from the computer until done installing the driver.  I am using Windows 10 and the printer is ImageClass MF217w.  I'm sure of the MAC and build.

I restarted the computer and installed the patch.

I restarted the computer again to make sure and checked my programs list.  I do not see the tool kit listed to make scans or prints.

Listed items under Canon in my programs list is:

Fax readme

MF drivers readme

MF220_MF210 series manual

ScanGear readme

Toner status

Ufrii LT Readme

UFRII lT XPS readme

Can someone help me to get the toolkit back and start using this MF printer, please?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dmega
Contributor

I solved the problem.

I went to the website I originally went to https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/...

Installed the following for Win 10 (x64) into the program files x86 folder  (not sure this helped but it worked this way)

Drivers:

1) Driver Version : UFR II Printer Driver - V21.20, Fax Driver - V10.10 (MF217w/MF216n), ScanGear - V11.3 

Software:

1) [Windows 32bit & 64bit] AddressBook Tool Ver.1.1.5.2

2)  [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mff18

3)  Toner Status Version 2.1.0

Everything seemed to install fine now and the Printer is recognized now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,]

Can you help us out and tell us what OS you are using the printer with?

Windows, MAC... version and build?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dmega
Contributor

I am using Windows 10 and the printer is ImageClass MF217w.  I'm sure of the MAC and build.

Greetings,

I was asking Windows or Mac operating system  😆

You are Windows 10, the feature build is less important, but if you want to know yours, press the start menu button and type winver  (then press enter).

Downloads for your device are here:

Support | Black and White laser | imageCLASS MF217w | Canon USA

Make sure windows 10 is selected in the drop down box.

@dmega wrote:

The first being this => UFR II Printer Driver - V21.20, Fax Driver - V10.10 (MF217w/MF216n), ScanGear - V11.3

This part is concerning.  

The UFR Driver I see available for your printer and W10 appears to be v7.1.2

shadowsports_0-1640363810293.png

Just wondering where you are downloading from?  I would use the package installer above.  It includes everything you'll need for Print/Scan/Fax

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks I will go to your link to run the drivers.

FYI I got my drivers from here ==>  https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/...

I installed the driver, the toolkit restarted the computer.  The toolbox was "not connected to a scanner".  But my MF217w is connected to the computer with USB cable.  I downloaded the patch and executed it.  Tried the toolbox again and it still says 
" A supported scanner is not installed.  Please install a supported scanner, and then restart toolbox".

Under Printers and scanners the canon MF210 series is listed

I tried to install all of these drivers/patches/software but always the printer is not recognized.

UFR II/UFRII LT V4 Printer Driver V7.1.2

[Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF217w/MF216n/MF212w MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear)

[Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan

[Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf18

Hi.  I uninstalled all canon drivers and software.  Restarted the computer then tried to install the v7.1.2 driver.  I select USB connection and that were the install hangs.  I then get this message:

Capture.PNG

I follow the instructions and keep getting this message.

dmega
Contributor

I solved the problem.

I went to the website I originally went to https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/...

Installed the following for Win 10 (x64) into the program files x86 folder  (not sure this helped but it worked this way)

Drivers:

1) Driver Version : UFR II Printer Driver - V21.20, Fax Driver - V10.10 (MF217w/MF216n), ScanGear - V11.3 

Software:

1) [Windows 32bit & 64bit] AddressBook Tool Ver.1.1.5.2

2)  [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mff18

3)  Toner Status Version 2.1.0

Everything seemed to install fine now and the Printer is recognized now.

Announcements