cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Download Software for Canon Pixma iP100 on Mac OS Ventura 13.0?

davidhunternyc
Apprentice

Hello,

I got a new 2022 MacBook Pro and I'm running Mac OS Ventura 13.0. I was using my Canon Pixma iP100 with my old MacBook Pro without problems. With my new computer I can't download the software for Pixma iP100. Because the iP100 is 10 years old, Canon no longer supports this product. It's disappointing. There's nothing wrong with the printer (It's not broken.) except I can't download the software. All the links that were suggested here by "experts" do not work. Does anyone have a workaround on how I can get the iP100 working on Ventura 13.0? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The last Canon driver for that printer was for macOS 10.14 (Mojave).

It might work with Apple AirPrint. Try adding the printer in System Settings Printers & Scanners.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

This was helpful. Thanks. I tried to install the printer driver and got an error message. But after a couple of failed tries, I followed the suggestion and was able to add my ip100 in the Systems Settings. Something mysterious is going on.

I just recently found that if I choose Print from the File menu in Safari, and in Preview, instead of hitting command-P, then I can print successfully. But hitting command-P still causes these apps to crash.

I had to install the driver on a new MacBook. The pkg file requires right-clicking and selecting 'open' vs double click. Then, the dialogue says installation has failed. However, under Settings->Printer, the IP100 shows and prints successfully.

rleavitt
Apprentice

I have this problem, too. Only Safari and Preview (Apple software) crash when trying to print on Canon iP100 Pixma (an old printer no longer supported by Canon on OS Ventura). If you open a pdf in Google Chrome, you can use the print dialogue there to print successfully. In that dialogue you can optionally choose "Print using system dialogue"; which seems to work better.

rleavitt
Apprentice

See my reply to P Morgan. I haven't updated my driver on my new Mac (1 year old), but have found a (so far) work-around.

terrifrohman
Apprentice

I am having a similiar issue. My printer was working fine and then my mac book air had to be reset to factory settings. All of a sudden I cannot use my printer. It's not being detected at all and I have all softwares updated. As of today Mac ventura 13.5 I've downloaded the latest drive and NOTHING. 

I cannot see the printer, nothing is detected. Help! If I cannot use my printer anymore its useless...

Announcements