cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 default fax settings messed up

gaocallag
Apprentice

I installed the drivers for G7020 printer on win 11.  I set the default to Canon G7000 series under printers and scanners.

When I go to print something in Word the default printer is G7000 series fax.

How can I delete ANY Fax reference..... and have the correct default be G7000 Series printer?

Thx

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you open printers and scanners on your computer, you may have 2 G7020 listed. If you have one listed as a fax, you can remove that one. 

If there is only one printer listed, all you will need to do when you print is change the printer listed in the preview that appears. This should set the printer as default when you go to print that from program. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kathyb11
Apprentice

I have this same problem. What do you mean "listed in the preview"? If that just means when I go to print I have to change it to the printer every time, that seems silly. If it is the default, it should be the default. 

Hi,

Open your system preferences and go to Printers and Scanners. From there, make sure the printer without the fax option is set as default. Or, if two of your G7020 are listed, you can remove the one with the fax attached to it. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements