cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional - Colors are Off on Prints

LilyT
Contributor

New to using camera. Printing direct from camera to printer (Pixma ip8720) correct colors. Printing via DPP using windows 10 & usb cable…colors off significantly (same photo, no edits).   Any advice why this happens?

7 REPLIES 7

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Do you have an example?

There are a number of variables here.   Let's start witht he photo that you captured.  Does it have accurate colors (e.g. did you use a color chart)?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

No I did not use a color chart.  Both the camera and printer were new purchases & I was in the return window.  So to make sure that hardware was good, I created a collage of 4 photos from iPhone, that had good range of colors (red, blue, yellow, green, orange & purple). Printing direct from camera or iPhone the colors match to what iPhone screen showed. DDP photo did not. I know that there can be competing color mgt with a PC, I’m thinking I didn’t have all the settings correct to use the canon color profile & the DPP program as the manager. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Compare your settings to these (adjusted for your paper type) when you select Print in DPP4:

Screenshot 2023-03-11 185808.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The first panel on the left is same as what I did. The second panel on the right…when I click on ICM, I only have “Input Profile” and “Rendering Intent”. I do not have the middle box of “Printer Profile”. Downloaded latest version of DPP 4.17.20 and still missing that box. 

Where my left panel shows Pro-100 exactly what does your say?

Are you using Canon paper? If so, select Driver Matching. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Left panel shows Canon iP8700 series & yes using canon glossy II paper

Reprinted with driver matching and getting same off color results. 

1. Can you post a sample file to Dropbox or One Drive so I can test?

2. Try selecting “None” and then choose the paper profile in the next window.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements