cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity to ImageClass LBP612Cdw

dfle
Apprentice

I have had the ImageClass LBP612Cdw for about 2 years with no problems. Recently it started connecting to my wifi network only when I turned my wifi on my computer off and then back on. Now it won't connect at all and I cannot see it on my network. I have power cycled the printer several times. The printer connects to the network but it isn't visible on my phone or computer. 

I am running macOS Monterey version 12.4 on my computer. I have searched for how to reset the printer but I can't find instructions for that online. Not sure if that would even help or not. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

bborcherding
Contributor

I had a similar issue with my Canon Imageclass MF743cdw printer. In my situation I have an Eero wireless network throughout the house with multiple Macs, iPhones and iPads all trying to print to my MF743cdw. I found two ways to address the "printer not found issue" (after quite a bit of trial and error). First, I found that my printer was often getting a new IP address from the Eero network via DNS which resulted in the Macs no longer being able of connect (as apparently the Apple printer add features locks in a fixed IP address). To solve this I checked the IP address assigned to the printer and then went into the network settings on the printer and changed the IPv4 settings to use fixed address and added the IP address from above. I then went into printer settings on all my Macs, deleted the auto selected printer and re-added the printer by using the IP address (not the auto). This seemed to work until it didn't. Apparently my Eero network would still change the IP ranges and sometimes the fixed address would be out of range and my Macs could no longer connect. This was a bit of a head scratcher having not achieved a CCIE or CCNA certification. The more elegant solution is to have your router fix (or reserve) the printer IP address. This will ensure that the network always assigns the same IP address to the printer...and your Macs will no longer lose connection. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Dfle,

If the Mac is unable to find the printer and you have to turn wifi off and on, it looks like there is a drop in network communication. You can check if the Mac can reach the printer by retrieving the printer's IP v4 address. Once you have the printer's IPv4 address, you can open a web page on the Mac and enter the printer's IPv4 address into the address bar.

If you are unable to reach the printer's login page, you can try unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can check if you can reach the printer page and if the Mac can add the printer.

If you are able to reach the printer's login page but you can't add the printer, you can try moving the printer so it has a better signal from your router or you can try turning off any security software that might be blocking the connection for the printer.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with the issue.

Announcements