cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect MAC OS Mojave 10.14.3 through router to Canon MF735Cdw

bobplummer
Apprentice

Owning this printer has been a nightmare.  I have spent hours on the internet, trying options, etc. to get this printer connected through my wireless network to my computer.  I am ready to throw the printer out the window but i thought i would try reaching out for help first, since it is likely that many are having the same problem with this printer as i am having. 

Here's what i have done:

Connected the printer to the LAN.  Worked through all of the steps and the printer tells me it is "connected."

Walked through the steps described in the canon video to load the printer driver on my MAC.  After installation it doesn't appear on the list of drivers available.  Not sure why or where it is but it doesn't appear after i walk through all of the printer driver installation steps. Why doesn't the installation work?  Any ideas?

I have was able to get the printer driver to appear on the list of available printers before and was able to hard wire the printer to my router and print.   I have moved and my printer is no longer near my router.   I deleted all of the old drivers in an attempt to load a fresh one, thinking (wrongly) that a new version would help me.  No i can't even get that one to appear.

I am extremely frustrated and unhappy with this Canon printer.

5 REPLIES 5

bobplummer
Apprentice

I resolved the issue.  Typing out the problem actually helped me figure out what to do.  

Hi, bobplummer! We're glad you figured out a solution. Please feel free to share your insights for the benefit of other Canon Community Forum users who might be running into the same problem.

Thanks for contributing!

Dtillykke
Apprentice

Same problem here with my MG5220 printer and after talking with Apple, found out that Canon simply is taking their time to make a driver or whatever available to us who have upgraded our computer to Mojave.  I have had too many issues with this, my first Canon printer.  I love Canon cameras, but I think they should get out of the printer business.  It would be nice to know how you resolved your problem though.  I now have moved my printer into the kitchen so I can hard wire it to the MAC.  So much for wifi.  Ridiculous.

Hi Dtillykke.

The MG5220 is supported on the macOS system, up to OS High Sierra. As the printer has reached end of support life, there will be no drivers for the OS Mojave operating system. 

We understand, and sincerely apologize for the frustration you have experienced. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply Patrice.  I am so disappointed in Canon not supporting it’s printers like they do their cameras and because of that, when I do go and buy a wifi printer, it will not be Canon.  I feel like I have been robbed.

Announcements