cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer/Fax driver creating copies of itself and I can not delete it

LuizEmpire
Contributor

I am having this problem with a Canon Printer,

I have the Canon Office Printer Utility installed and when I run it I can see the Canon Generic Plus UFR II V250(driver) with 4 copies of this same driver installed and I can not remove them, I need to have just one of them set.

I can see the same when I click print from any document. 

LuizEmpire_0-1694496224193.png

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, LuizEmpire!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using along with what operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

@LuizEmpire.  I suspect you are running a version of windows?

Let us know which version and how the printer is connected to your system or network?

I'll tell you how you can delete the multiple printer instances once you have supplied the information requested above.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hey, Shadowsports, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry for taking that long to see it though. 
In the PC we run Microsoft Windows 11 Pro x64 and the printer is connected via USB

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Ready...  Here you go. 🙂

Close the Canon Print App

Press the Start Menu button

type "bluetooth and other device settings", select it from the menu

shadowsports_0-1695164307411.png

Now scroll down and look for "More Device and Printer Settings"

shadowsports_1-1695164358309.png

Select that. Now one by one, right-click on the duplicates, (copy1, copy2, copy3) and select Remove Device from the context menu.  When you open the Canon App again, they should not be present. 

shadowsports_2-1695164549494.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for that, 

I will try doing it, Do you know what may be causing this issue though ? 

So yeah, I did it, I connected to the pc and tried to find those printers, but they don't show up, they were already delted previously, but they still show up in word for example. 

2023-09-25_10h19_36.png

2023-09-25_10h20_02.png

  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you disconnecting and connecting the printer over and over again?  Using a hub, different USB port, etc?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sometimes the printer stops working and we do a driver update and it might be connected to a docking station. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements