cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma TR4720 Printer not connecting to wifi

irla_cam
Apprentice

I've had my Pixma TR4720 for a little under a year now, and it was working wonderfully until about January.
It would disconnect from the internet on its own every time I'd turn it back on, and then it was such a hassle to reconnect it to my wifi. This went on for months. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. But I always had to battle with my printer when I needed it.

Now, though, it won't connect at all. I've tried every single connection method, and nothing. I did easy wireless connect, manual, nothing works. I've tried through both my phone and my windows laptop. 
It does show my wifi router, but it just doesn't connect after I put the password in. And I tried downloading the software from the canon.usa website, and it looked like it might work, and then it would just give me an error on the printer again.

At this point, I think I might just return it since I still have the return guarantee.

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

At this time I recommend you reach out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

slimftita
Apprentice

I bought this same printer last week Thursday October 26th, and starting working to use, connect it to the wifi and my laptop on October 28th. This same Printer TR4720 wouldn't connect to the internet at all, I have tried every possible way for three days, nothing works. I bought this Printer through ebay, I guess i have to return it and perhaps get a different wireless printer

Thanks for joining the conversation, slimftita!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

We look forward to hearing from you.

slimftita
Apprentice

I am using a windows 10 and AT&T is our service provider. I also tried connecting my phone to the printer, it wouldn't connect at all after installing and downloading the software. Nothing actually works after trying to three days to no avail. Therefore, I think I will have to return it to Bestbuy which where I bought it instead of ebay online. I made a mistake when I was registering the printer.

Hi slimftita,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below to log into your My Canon account:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

A Technical Support Representative will be able to assist you with getting your PIXMA TR4720 working wirelessly.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

FWIW, I am having the same problem. After spending a ton of time trying to connect it to my Wifi, it still isn't been seen by the PC (Windows 11) when I put the printer in Wireless connect mode and try to add it in Windows.  It was working a couple of weeks ago, but now isn't.  I bought a printer cable (too bad it doesn't come with the printer) for about $6 so I guess i have to go that route. I just wanted an inexpensive color printer (for the times I do need to print, which isn't much) but this one is way too much hassle. (Yes I did download the latest drivers and went thru the Canon instruction too but nothing gives.) Way too much time spent on this.

llonglll
Apprentice

I figured it out! Go on the printer itself, settings and the LAN and find the ip address, you can add it that way!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements