cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX490 Won't Connect to Chromebook

SusanAmburn
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma MX490 was working fine through January 16, 2021. It was on the same network as my Chromebook. I have used them together for several years.

Yesterday, January 18, 2021, I moved my printer across the room to its new stand. It was unplugged for less than 30 seconds. After I plugged it into the new outlet, it would not print. 

It is still on the same network as my Chromebook but it will no longer print. I get several different ERROR messages -- either my Chromebook can no longer find it, or it is no longer in the drop-down list.

Why would a printer that has worked with my Chromebook for several years suddenly no longer work? I need to be able to print. 

Please tell me how to connect the printer to my Chromebook. My Chromebook is a 2016 Acer. 

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Maybe something here will help:

Set up your printer - Chromebook Help (google.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I tried that site last night and again this morning.

It doesn't work. 

anunez
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. Printer was accidentally unplugged today, and since then, my son;s Chromebook won't print to it. 

Weirder still: it finds the printer on the network and adds it when I hit "Set Up." but Jobs never print. They just show up in the queue and do nothing. 

rpenn
Apprentice
I have the same problem with my Pixma TS3322 and Chromebook. Canon customer service walked me through adding it manually using the IP address, and it worked for about a month. Then one day it wasn't recognized. Now when I try to add it manually, I get an error in configuration message.
PLEASE, update us if you find a solution!

fliwithHim
Apprentice

I have a Pixma Canon MG3020 which after January 2021 would not print from Chromebook.  I tried all of the suggestions including  trying to set up my printer manually.  My Acer Chromebook would not recognize the printer address or model.  What I have come up with and I hope it helps all of the VERY frustrated Chromebook users that used to print from Google Cloud is this:  I have an Android Smartphone and downloaded the Canon Printer Service app and the Google Drive.  Anything saved in my Google Drive on Chromebook CAN be printed through my phone.  HALLELUJAH!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements