cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MP560 macOS Monterey

SugarBear
Apprentice

When does Canon provide driver updates for new OS? I see lots of us are having the same issue with older printers that work just fine unless the OS is macOS Monterey. Has anyone had any luck with a work around? I hate to have got purchase another printer when the MP560 Pixma works just fine. What Canon printer is compatible with macOS Monterey?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MP560 has been retired and there are no updated drivers to work with your operating system. A series that would be similar to your MP560 would be our TS series printers and they will work with your operating system. 

Since the printer is not compatible with your operating system, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MP560 has been retired and there are no updated drivers to work with your operating system. A series that would be similar to your MP560 would be our TS series printers and they will work with your operating system. 

Since the printer is not compatible with your operating system, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SugarBear
Apprentice

Thank you Arthur J for your knowledge and suggestions. I did take advantage of the 10% discount and upgraded to one of the TS series printers. Customer service was superb. Again, thank you and the Canon team.

-Julian G

morriss1
Contributor

I had similar problems with canon not recognizing your software.  Just got an M1 and on the canyon driver and software page went to Lion software.  Downloaded all the drivers for my old Pixma 860 and it worked great.  Had to do that every time I got a new MacOS computer. also try going backward in operating systems until you find the drivers.  Good LUCK

Well, doggone it. We went and bought a new printer. Still have the MP560, however it has been donated to the church. Thank you for the solution. Would have been nice if Canon would have suggested this idea.

Dover_MA
Apprentice

I just tried morriss1 solution and it worked. Downloaded the MP560 drivers by selecting el Capitan v10.11, chose the 'bonjour' from the Mac printer installer, and now my faithful mp560 is printing over wifi from my MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) with Apple M1 Max running Monterey version 12.4. I'm perfectly happy scanning to USB (I do very little of that, usually use Notes on the iPhone and scan to pdf) so I've no idea of  the scan-to-pc works. Such great news - thank you morriss1  !!!

Announcements