cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3620 connection failed after finding printer

spungie
Apprentice

I get to the point where my computer finds the printer on the network but then it says "connection failed. une another method for setup. follow the on-screen instructions." What could be causing this to happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We know you have a MG3620..

But we don't know what operating system you have or how the printer is connected and to what?

So my advice might not be 100% appicable to your situation or environment?  

Disable IPv6 

Check your Firewall settings

If you are using any 3rd party antivirus, this might cause a communication issue with the device during install

Are you using the correct installer package for your operating system

Test with another USB cable

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We know you have a MG3620..

But we don't know what operating system you have or how the printer is connected and to what?

So my advice might not be 100% appicable to your situation or environment?  

Disable IPv6 

Check your Firewall settings

If you are using any 3rd party antivirus, this might cause a communication issue with the device during install

Are you using the correct installer package for your operating system

Test with another USB cable

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Greetings,

Can you tell me what the issue was?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I disabled IPv6, disabled Norton Firewall and connection still fails.  Shouldn’t I be required to enter the WiFi password?  That does not occur

How does one disable a PIXMA (TS3320) printer's IPv6 if nothing will connect to it?  [Canon PRINT on my phone says the printer is offline, win-ts3300-1_5-n_mcd.exe (which calls itself "Master Setup" in Windows 10 Task Manager) reports "connection failed", etc., etc.]  Can I disable IPv6 at the printer console? 

spungie
Apprentice
Sure, disabling IPv6 worked.

Oh, also, Windows 10 is the operating system.

Pegasusa
Apprentice

I disabled Norton Firewall and connection failed again.  Using Windows 10.  Will see what happens using USB

Announcements