cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3620 Will Not Connect to Wireless

canon_alex
Apprentice

Hello there — hoping someone can help me out! 

I just purchased a Canon PIXMA MG3620 printer and cannot get it set up to print wirelessly. I've tried on both my Mac and iPhone. I can get through the steps of locating the printer's Canon_ij_xx WiFi name, and the app/program locating my personal WiFi address, and then I add in my password, all functions fine. It's when I'm brought to the "locate your printer" screen where I'm having trouble. My printer cannot be located. I've tried resetting my WiFi, the printer, my phone, laptop, etc. Nothing seems to be working! 

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi canon_alex,

I recommend contacting our chat team.The real time support would be most beneficial in this case.

To get to the chat feature, click HERE. Once in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you.

I am getting this message:

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

- Scanner is turned off.

- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.

- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.

- Network connection is prohibited by security software.

- Different scanner on the network is selected.

Check the above and try scanning again.

If you still cannot communicate, restart the computer.

Code:15,157,0

The chat feature you linked is not helpful and does not connect to a live person.

Why can't scanning be done? Please don't pawn the issue off to an endless trail of automatic messages that go nowhere.  Thank you.

JKolka,

Lets check the current connection status of the printer.  Please go to the printer and perform the following:

1.  Load a new sheet of plain A4 or Letter sized paper in the unit.
2.  Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and release it when the ON lamp flashes.
3.  Press the Wi-Fi button again.
4.  A sheet will print displaying the network information.

When the sheet prints, tell us the following:

Does the "SSID" on the print match the network name that your computer is connected to?  If not, make note of any slight differences.
What is the signal strength percentage?
What is the IPv4 IP Address?
What is the IPv4 Default Gateway?

What version of Windows or Mac OSX is on the computer?

Are you able to print from the computer?

Next, open the web browser on your computer and enter the IP address into the address bar.  Are you able to connect to the configuration page or does an error occur?  Perform this test with the Default Gateway address as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements