cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 not compatible with AirPrint?

Tiki108
Apprentice

I've had a horrific time getting things to print and scan all of a sudden. A couple times recently I've had to restart the printer itself, but that seemed to be all that it needed. Now my Mac, iPhone and iPad are not recognizing the printer. I went to Apple's website and it lists Canon MX922, but not Canon MX920. Is this printer no longer compatible with Apple devices?

I've also gone through all the troubleshooting I can find and all the posts I could find in here, but I'm not getting anywhere. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

Oldmate
Apprentice

Similar problem with an MX-926.  Has worked for years with my iPhones via AirPrint.  Now it will either say it’s going to print, and then print nothing.  Or will only print half a page.  Firmware updated and latest iOS, same thing.  It started straight after an iOS update so I am strongly suspecting it’s an issue with that…but there has been several more updates to iOS since.  I know the printer works because my Windows pc doesn’t have an issue printing to it.  Very frustrating problem.

I am having the same problem as you with my MX922.  Has worked with iPads and iPhones until recently.  It starts printing then says Printer is No Longer Available and I get a partial document.  I can forward the document to my computer (Windows) and it prints without any trouble.  I really think it's an AirPrint problem but I can't figure it out.  It is very frustrating.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements