cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 not compatible with AirPrint?

Tiki108
Apprentice

I've had a horrific time getting things to print and scan all of a sudden. A couple times recently I've had to restart the printer itself, but that seemed to be all that it needed. Now my Mac, iPhone and iPad are not recognizing the printer. I went to Apple's website and it lists Canon MX922, but not Canon MX920. Is this printer no longer compatible with Apple devices?

I've also gone through all the troubleshooting I can find and all the posts I could find in here, but I'm not getting anywhere. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Oldmate
Apprentice

Similar problem with an MX-926.  Has worked for years with my iPhones via AirPrint.  Now it will either say it’s going to print, and then print nothing.  Or will only print half a page.  Firmware updated and latest iOS, same thing.  It started straight after an iOS update so I am strongly suspecting it’s an issue with that…but there has been several more updates to iOS since.  I know the printer works because my Windows pc doesn’t have an issue printing to it.  Very frustrating problem.

I am having the same problem as you with my MX922.  Has worked with iPads and iPhones until recently.  It starts printing then says Printer is No Longer Available and I get a partial document.  I can forward the document to my computer (Windows) and it prints without any trouble.  I really think it's an AirPrint problem but I can't figure it out.  It is very frustrating.

PhylO
Contributor

I continue to have issues using Airprint on two different iPads and two different iPhones.  The firmware on the printer is up to date.  I continue to research and something I found today is about bonjour.  It said the latest update on the Apple devices included an update to bonjour and that Canon has an update that needs to be made in order for it to work again.  Is this true?  The printer works fine with my Windows laptop and my husband's MAC.  Canon, what do we need to do?  Thank you!

Announcements