cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF232W ImageCLASS will no longer print due to OLD Drivers - All Certificates are out of DATE!

tmaggenti
Apprentice

Please Help,

I recently updated to windows 11. Now I can no longer print. I could not figure out why. So I deleted all the old drivers, then downloaded all the updated drivers. The only problem is windows will not install them because they are all outdated!

See the image below which does show they are all old!

All the dates are old, I downloaded them anyway and checked the dates on their certificates; sure enough, they are all old.

Windows 11 will not install any certificate that is out of date.

I can tell windows to ignore these dates and get the printer to print (not my first choice).

This will leave my computer open to all kinds of nasty stuff from this world. I will not compromise my system just to print to my canon printer.

I would rather wait for you to update your certificates - PLEASE.

I am assuming you will do that. I love this printer and do not want to buy a new one just yet anyway, I still have three more print cartridges I bought. Please update the certificates and email me when you do.

Thanks for the help.

Canon-Out-Of-Date-Drivers.png

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please help us understand.  You are getting a certificate error...  when you do what exactly?  

Downloading the file?

Running the installer?

Etc?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

tmaggenti
Apprentice

As it says in my help request when you try to install the drivers for this printer windows 11 says the Certifications are out of date. Which they are. This is 2023 and the drivers are 2022. I hope this helps, thanks for asking.

Announcements