cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClass mf455dw - How to setup Cloud Connect (Scan and Print)

comdan278
Apprentice

The press release for the MF455dw printer indicates that it has the following feature:

• Cloud Connect (Scan and Print)*: The MF455dw allows cloud-based printing and scanning directly from the printer’s 5-inch color touch screen. The LBP237dw allows users to print from the cloud. Users can print documents, or scan images and documents, directly from and to Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive accounts.

I can't seem to figure out how to configure the printer to scan directly to a OneDrive account without creating a network share on a local machine.

Press release link included below for reference:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/newsroom/press-releases/press-release-detail...

3 REPLIES 3

Brandoaire
Apprentice

I’m also wondering how to do the same thing for Dropbox. This was a major selling point of the printer for my use cases. Has anyone done this successfully?

The manual sends you down the path of the Remote UI and the Address book which doesn’t seem right. Has this simply not been shipped yet in the most recent version of firmware? What the heck!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Comdan278,

You can setup the scan to cloud feature using the Remote User Interface. You can setup custom buttons to perform tasks like scan/print with a cloud account.

1. Log into the Remote User interface. If not familiar with the steps, you can check the link HERE.
  2. Select application Library on the right hand side.
  3. Select Cloud Apps.
  4. Choose Register New Button.
  5. Change any scan or print settings for the registered button.
  6. Click on authorize.
  7. Enter the account information for the cloud service that you will be using.

Once the setup is complete, the MF455dw will scan or print with the cloud service when you select the custom button from the home screen. For help with scanning to cloud, you can also contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

I've just bought the MF455dw and wanted to set up automatic saving of incoming faxes to a Dropbox account. I tried the above but the Application Library does not have an option for Cloud Apps – it looks like this.

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 8.43.37 pm.png

How can I add the Cloud Apps option, and then how do I set up automatic saving of incoming faxes? Do I just use the technique of adding an Address Book entry for the Dropbox and then forwarding incoming faxes to that address? Thanks in advance for your help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements