cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IJ Scan Utility Won't Recognize any folder

youngsterix
Contributor

I tried to scan a document and the Utility says it can't find th specified folder. I tried changing to several different folders and still get the error.  This just started happending a few weeks ago.  Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi youngsterix,

What model Canon product do you own?

What version of Windows are you using?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply.  Machine is a Canon Pixma MX922, s/n AFEG76475. System is a AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16 GB Ram, OS is Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, build 19042.1466, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0.  Was just fine back in October timeframe. I updated, uninstalled and reinstalled the Canon software and drviers; still no joy (didn't work).

Patrick ... did you have any advice to fix my issue?

Hello Youngsterix,

If you are able to select a folder to save your items to in Windows 10, you can try changing the controlled folder access setting in your security settings. That setting will prevent the software from saving files in your user account. You can change the setting using the steps in the link HERE. If you have any third party security software, it might be controlling the folder access.

Hector ... I tried the steps and it did not work. Controlled folder access is/was disabled.  I disabled WIn10 Defender and uninstalled Spybot, rebooted, and the Canon IJ Scan Utility still errors with "Cannot find the specified folder. Check the save settings."  Just to reiterate, this app worked fine in December.

Product experts: I've un-installed all Canon software and checked the Win10 Registry to ensure no Canon software artifacts remain.  I then re-installed the 10/4/21, mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe drivers; still no recognition of folders.  I installed the 10/4/21, patch 1.0.2, cijpfdp_2108b.exe, no change. Also tried to scan from the printer, receive the same error.  Any other suggestions?

I have this same problem. Yesterday things were working fine, then I changed the "save to folder" and the "Canon IJ Scan Utility" came back with, "Cannot find the specified folder. Check the save settings." So I went back to the previous folder but continued to get this message.

CanoScan LiDE 120. Windows 11. v.22H2 Device Manager says, "This device is working properly."

I am having this same problem now too. Exactly as priapus above.

SeanLennon
Apprentice

Has there been a resolution to the problem yet?  Who exactly monitory this forum

Announcements