cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 300 Software setup halted by error message

Grace2
Apprentice

CanoScan not allowing me to setup - "Error. This software cannot be started as it is in use by anoth

Hi there! I am trying to set up my CanoScan LIDE 300, however whenever I download the setup it is giving me an error saying "This software cannot be started as it is in user by another device" (I have attached a screenshot below). The download is called "mac-lide300-1_0-mcd.dmg" from https://ij.manual.canon. I have tried researching the issue to solve this however I have not found anything helpful. Any advice or information would be very appreciated! 

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 9.20.19 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• Which version of macOS are you using?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Grace2
Apprentice

Hi! The macOS I am using is 13.3.1 (22E261)

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Grace2,

To use your CanoScan LiDE 300 with your Mac (using Ventura), please follow these steps:

1.  Click the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  Click on System Settings.

3.  Scroll to bottom of left side and click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click the Add Printer Scanner or Fax button on the right.

5.  Once the Add Printer window appears, connect the USB cable from your LiDE 300 to your Mac.

6.  When your LiDE 300 appears in the list, click on it and click Add.

Your CanoScan LiDE 300 will then be installed.

You can use the IJ Scan Utility Lite to scan with your CanoScan LiDE 300.

To download the IJ Scan Utility, please CLICK THIS LINK.

Once the download is complete, please open or run it and follow the prompts to install the IJ Scan Utility Lite.

For information on the usage of the IJ Scan Utility Lite, please use this link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtilityLite/M/3.1/EN/SUL/sul_scan01_m.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements