cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CannonTS9120 printer won’t connect to WIFI

larrycruzen
Apprentice

I had to replace my modem/router. Using manual setup on my TS9120 printer, it finds my new router but never asks me for a password. It returns an error message saying that it failed to connect and to check that the password is correct. What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi larrycruzen! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you are unable to connect your Canon PIXMA TS9120 to your Wi-Fi because you are not being asked to enter a password.

If you have a router and several extenders, you can try turning off the extenders (by disconnecting their power cables) and leaving only the main router turned on. If that does not help or if you only have one router, then it is very likely that the security for your main router is not compatible with your TS9120.

Our printers are not compliant with WPA3 security. More than likely, that is the type of security that your router is using. Our printers are compatible with the following types of security:

WPA-PSK (TKIP / AES),

WPA2-PSK (TKIP / AES)

Please contact your Internet provider and ask them to help you change the router’s security type to WPA2 or WPA/ WPA2.  If the router is set to WPA2/ WPA3, you will need to turn off WPA3 and just leave WPA2 turned on.

After you disable WPA3 on your router, you can use the instructions in the following article to connect the printer to your network:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169555

It’s possible that you can enable WPA3 after the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi. We have heard from customers that the printer will continue to work when WPA3 is turned back on. It just can’t connect to your Wi-Fi while WPA3 is turned on at the router.

I hope that this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements