cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install PIXMA MG5520 Driver

RumiRingo
Apprentice

I tried to install the driver on my laptop (Windows11). I downloaded the software but I couldn't install them. Error message said, 

WinZip Self-Extractor header corrupt. Possible cause; bad disk or file transfer error

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Delete the file and try re-downloading.  The error indicates a file that is incomplete, corrupt or cannot be read.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Greetings,

Right-click on the newly downloaded file.  Select rename from the context menu.  Append the file extension name from .exe to .zip

Example (oringinal)

rumiringo.exe

to

rumiringo.zip

Note, if you don't see the full name of the file with its extension, you will need to enable this in the view options where you downloaded the file (probably) Downloads.

Select View Menu, then check "File Name Extension"

shadowsports_0-1675813760697.png

After the box is checked, you will see the extension and can modify (change) it to .zip.

Now right-click the file and select "Extract All" from the context menu.  This will manually unpack the file.  Now run set up.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Delete the file and try re-downloading.  The error indicates a file that is incomplete, corrupt or cannot be read.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did delete and re-download but still cannot install driver software. Same error appeared. Please help!

Greetings,

Right-click on the newly downloaded file.  Select rename from the context menu.  Append the file extension name from .exe to .zip

Example (oringinal)

rumiringo.exe

to

rumiringo.zip

Note, if you don't see the full name of the file with its extension, you will need to enable this in the view options where you downloaded the file (probably) Downloads.

Select View Menu, then check "File Name Extension"

shadowsports_0-1675813760697.png

After the box is checked, you will see the extension and can modify (change) it to .zip.

Now right-click the file and select "Extract All" from the context menu.  This will manually unpack the file.  Now run set up.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

It worked out. Thank you🙂

I have the same issue and this allowed me to go into the application but during the setup the same message pops up and then it says it failed to complete the instalation help please

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Very glad to hear. 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements