cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF634Cdw gets wifi unreachable in 2 minutes

tomo3
Apprentice

My MF634Cdw gets unreachable through wifi in 2 minutes. Printer says it's connected and signal is good, but ping gets unreachable from other machines. If I go to the printer settings and do "Ping Command" to the other host, the printer gets reachable again. Once I do that, I can print without problem, but only for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, it gets unreachable again. I have 240 minutes for auto sleep, and wifi energy save mode is disabled.

It has similar symptom since I purchased it 5 years ago, but at first it was only once in a while I had to reboot the printer. Now I have to go to the printer and do "Ping Command" every time. Even restarting the printer doesn't help anymore.

I suspect the wifi module is broken. Is the wifi module on MF634Cdw replaceable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tomo3
Apprentice

I ended up with connecting USB cable to the Linux machine and make it printer server. Scan and email still works though... it becomes online for a few minutes once it has an outgoing traffic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Whatever is occurring, It's likely related to your network, hardware or settings and not the printer.

Start by telling us more about your wireless network.  What router brand/model are you using?  Did your ISP supply it, or is it something you purchased?

Is your wireless dual band.  Are you using the same SSID names for 2.4/5G networks?

Have you assigned a static IP to the printer?

What are the version and builds of the operating system(s) you are using?  Windows/Mac

I'm not under the impression your network adapter is faulty at this point.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

What router brand/model are you using?  Did your ISP supply it, or is it something you purchased?

Google Nest wifi, my own.

Is your wireless dual band.  Are you using the same SSID names for 2.4/5G networks?

Same SSID for both 2.4/5G and can't separate

> Have you assigned a static IP to the printer?

static IP

> What are the version and builds of the operating system(s) you are using?  Windows/Mac

Multiple devices, Linux, Chromebook, Windows10, Android phones. All can't print once the symptom appears, and everything recover once I do "Ping Command" from printer.

I have over 30 wifi devices at home including many 2.4G only devices and only MF634Cdw has this behavior.

tomo3
Apprentice

I ended up with connecting USB cable to the Linux machine and make it printer server. Scan and email still works though... it becomes online for a few minutes once it has an outgoing traffic.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements