cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON IVY MINI printer app NONSTOP crashes/ quits on me.. why? Help?

kellieo
Apprentice

Hello. So I’ve had my cannon ivy photo printer for a couple of years now and I’ve had this problem pretty much since I first got it. I don’t think the issue was as bad / happening as much at first but now, it’s so bad that I barely have the patience to even use it anymore and try and print photos with it.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the app to print a photo, the app crashes and quits on me so I have to get on there and try and do it extremely fast otherwise it’ll close out. Everytime.
You can forget about even trying to edit a photo or add a sticker/ text/ frame or any type of editing, you simply can’t. The app quits before you’re even able to.

WHY AM I HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
how do I fix it ?????
is there any fixing it?

does anyone else have the same issue ?  

2 REPLIES 2

Timothygonzales
Apprentice

@kellieoDogNeedsBest wrote:

Hello. So I’ve had my cannon ivy photo printer for a couple of years now and I’ve had this problem pretty much since I first got it. I don’t think the issue was as bad / happening as much at first but now, it’s so bad that I barely have the patience to even use it anymore and try and print photos with it.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the app to print a photo, the app crashes and quits on me so I have to get on there and try and do it extremely fast otherwise it’ll close out. Everytime.
You can forget about even trying to edit a photo or add a sticker/ text/ frame or any type of editing, you simply can’t. The app quits before you’re even able to.

WHY AM I HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
how do I fix it ?????
is there any fixing it?

does anyone else have the same issue ?  

Hello,

There could be several possible reasons for the app crashing, such as low memory, outdated firmware, incompatible device, or corrupted data. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

Make sure your printer and your mobile device have enough battery power and are not overheating.

Check if your printer’s firmware is up to date. You can do this by opening the Canon Mini Print app, going to the Main Menu > Printer Settings > then tapping “Upgrade Check” or Firmware Check.

Check if your mobile device’s operating system and the Canon Mini Print app are updated to the latest versions. You can do this by going to your device’s settings and the app store respectively.

Clear the cache and data of the Canon Mini Print app. You can do this by going to your device’s settings > Apps > Canon Mini Print > Storage > Clear cache and Clear data. Note that this will delete any saved photos or stickers in the app, so make sure you back them up first.

Uninstall and reinstall the Canon Mini Print app from the app store.

Restart your mobile device and your printer.

Try to pair your mobile device and your printer again via Bluetooth. You can follow the instructions here5 to do this.

If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Canon Support6 for further assistance.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue and enjoy printing your photos.

Best regard,
Timothygonzales

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, kellieo!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your mobile device (i.e. Android or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.  These links will connect you to official technical support directly from Canon USA and not from a third party.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements