cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Window 10 and no printer recognized

mohayley
Apprentice

Got the recent upgrade to Window 10 and now my Pixa MP530 is no where to be found.  Tried looking for the driver and Canon says "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."  I selected Window 10.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi mohayley, Windows 10 drivers are not planned for your PIXMA MP530. You may be able to download and instal the Windows 8 drivers, but please note that it is to be done at your own risk and there is no support for using these drivers with Windows 10. You may want to consider the Canon Loyalty Program, which provides you the opportunity to upgrade to a new Windows 10 compatible unit via next-day delivery at a discounted price. We also offer free ground shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I would expected that as part of  "Canon Loyalty Program"  canon would port the Windows 8 drivers to Windows 10. I am unable to offord a new unit, even at a discount price you offer, and since witdows has offered a free upgrade from windows 8 to Windows 10, I took up the offer, and luckily I found that thus far, the Windows 8.1 driver has worked on my Windows 10 notebook. This is the driver I am refering to:

http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0900190304.html

On the other hand, I also have a laser printer from Brother which is older than the Canon MP530 and canon ported a driver to work on Windows 10.

I've been buying canon products for many years, but this lack of costomer support in making windows 10 drivers available for units that are still working well, has made me change my mind in  brand choice in future purchases of printers.

I think Canan should seriously think about the carbon footprint it is creating, and it should do its best to keep it as minimal as possible, and use a different approach than simple consumerism where you make units end of life end short when the unit has years of life left, by simply porting pre-existing Windows 8.1drivers to work with the lastest Windows 10 OS. It is not a difficult task nor is it expensive.

There are more conducive productive ways of makig just as much, if not more money, than using that particular strategy.

Dom

I too loaded the Windows 8.1 driver and my MP530 is now working like a charm on Windows 10.

While I do wish Canon offered a Windows 10 driver for this printer I do appreciate the fact Canon supports this community which has in turn fixed my problem.   

You silly people, Canon's loyalty program obviously means our loyalty to them, not their loyalty to us!

No driver must be time for a new Canon Printer!!

This is a crappy answer. Why would I join a "Loyalty Program" when Canon obviously has not customer loyalty. Isn't selling expensive ink sufficent reason to continue to support these printers? You can bet if I can't get my printer working on Windows 10 and am forced to purchase another I won't be purchasing a Canon.

I'm mad enough that I went through the registration process just to complain about this crappy answer!

I just bought 2  new brother printers for my home and office, not replacing them with canon for that very reason. It is like establishing planned obsolecence. 

Annieh
Apprentice

I am preparing to upgrade to Win 10. I have a Canon printer and checked compatability with Win 10 only to learn that my Canon i470D printer is not supported. I would not even have thought to check if I hadn't heard from a friend who upgraded last week that his Canon printer no longer works after the upgrade. I have a several-years older Samsung B&W laser printer that is supported. Needless to say, I am disappointed in Canon. I can live without color ink-jet printing for now and will research what brands provide the best support. Loyalty is earned and Canon has not earned it.

Grimjimsley
Apprentice

This is utterly ridiculous!! I have a perfectly good printer here that I love and now is no more than a paperweight!! Youre telling me a company such as yourself cant keep up with technology and supply drivers to the newer Windows? Funny my old peice of crap Kodak prints fine with Windows 10 but your copiers are obsolete now and then have the audacity to try to sell a new one instead of backing your product and your valued customers!! Great and I mean this in the most sarcastic way....Great company ya got there!!! I will now from this point on not support your company in any way and thats any Canon product!! Great job guys!!

MyDNA
Apprentice
You're not wrong there, aardvark
Announcements