cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing direct to Printable CD on MX922

ktbills
Contributor

Hi.  I want to print a direct image onto a printable CD using the MX922.  I am using an iMac running Catalina 10.15.5 or a Mac
Book running Mojave 10.14.6

On the iMac, My Image Garden crashes when I select a CD project.

On the MacBook, My Image Garden opens and seems to work, but when I select print, instead of asking for the CD tray, the printer insists that I close the bay door for inserting the CD tray and then will only print from the photo paper casette.  

Other CD printer software I have (Swift Publisher) has a direct to CD option for varous Canon printer models, including one for the MX922, but then prints to the paper tray, and not the CD tray.

Online documentation shows how to print direct to CD on the MX922, but in practice I can't get the printer to do it.

Please help!  

Thanks,

Ken

10 REPLIES 10

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ktbills,

If the software on the Mac is unable to select the disc tray properly, you can try reinstalling the driver and adding the printer again. The driver you will need is the MX920 series MP driver and it can be downloaded from the link HERE.

Once you have download the driver, you can double click on the download to start the install. Once the install is complete, you can try deleting and then adding the printer to make sure it is using the correct driver. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Print and Scan.

Use the - at the bottom of the list and remove all connections for the MX922 and then click the + to open the add printer window. You can select the printer and before you click add, make sure it says the name of the printer in the USE dropdown box before you click add.

Once it has been added to your list again, you can try printing from your software again to see if you can print to a disc.

did all the steps you suggested and still don't have "cd tray" option. Any suggestions?

I am using High Sierra on an iMac. I followed the step by step advice given by Patrick without success, but then I found in another forum that you also need to go into the Genreal Preferences in My Image Garden and turn OFF Airprint. Printing to DVD workds perfectly now for me.

by the way, my OS is mac high sierra.

@Hector wrote:

Hello ktbills,

If the software on the Mac is unable to select the disc tray properly, you can try reinstalling the driver and adding the printer again. The driver you will need is the MX920 series MP driver and it can be downloaded from the link HERE.

Once you have download the driver, you can double click on the download to start the install. Once the install is complete, you can try deleting and then adding the printer to make sure it is using the correct driver. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Print and Scan.

Use the - at the bottom of the list and remove all connections for the MX922 and then click the + to open the add printer window. You can select the printer and before you click add, make sure it says the name of the printer in the USE dropdown box before you click add.

Once it has been added to your list again, you can try printing from your software again to see if you can print to a disc.

Hi andrew54,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in hte upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  In System Preferences, click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click once on the PIXMA MX922 on the left side and then [-] to remove it.

4.  Repeat until all PIXMA MX922's are removed.

5.  Close that window.

6.  Click once on desktop so Finder appears in upper left corner, next to the Apple.

7.  To the right of Finder, please click on GO and then "Go to folder".

8.  In the box that appears, please type:

/Library/Printers/

and click Go

9.  Delete the Canon folders that appear.

Once complete, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "MX920 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.40.1.0 (Mac)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.

5.  Double click "mcpd-mac-mx920-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg" to begin the installation.

6.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

7.  Click on the Apple in hte upper left corner and then System Preferences.

8.  In System Preferences, click on Printers & Scanners.

9.  Click the [+] at the bottom and then click on Add printer or scanner.  The Add window will appear.

10.  Please click 1 time on the Canon MX920 that appears.  If you are using your PIXMA MX922 wirelessly, click 1 time on the IJ Network listing.

11.  At the bottom, next to "Use", please select Canon MX920 series and not Airprint or Secure Airprint.

12.  Click Add.

The printer will be reinstalled.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Have iMac OS High Sierra and mx920 printer. Scan option no longer present on printer window nor is "print to cd" available as it was earlier this year. Have removed and re-inserted printer several times and re-booted computer as instructed. Also made sure all printer downloads removed before doing above. Have also updated printer drivers and scan utility. Problem remains. What else can I do? HELP! 

andrew54
Apprentice
Took your advice and downloaded both printer and scan utilities for my mx920 then deleted and reinstalled the printer. Now my scan option does not appear in the printer window. I made sure to remove all printer downloads before doing all of the above. I also notice there is no print to cd option which is what zi really want to do as well as be able to use the scan function. HELP please.

Shelbyjean1
Apprentice
I followed all these steps. I also deleted and reloaded the my image garden software. Still no luck. Any ideas?

Shelbyjean1
Apprentice
Like “Andeew54,” print to CD does not appear.
Announcements