cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9020 error code 6004

cwalters
Apprentice

I put cardstock in the bottom tray and tried to print.  The printer tried to pick up the paper then showed error code 6004. I've followed the instructions but still now working. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled the printer. As soon as I turn it on it shows the error again.  I checked the paper feed system and it seems fine. Someone please tell me it's a simple fix.

My husband looked at it, banged on it a few times and now it picks up paper and prints but only the yellow ink. When the ink holder moves over the waste ink sponge, there is a lot of clicking noises.  I pushed the sponge down and it stays but then pops back up. I've done a print head cleaning and a nozzle check and nothing but the yellow prints.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cwalters,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you

I was printing, received an error saying my Magenta was out.  Replaced it with Canon ink I purchased.  I was able to print one document but the light on the printer kept printing the Magenta was out...  Then it gave me the 6004 error.   I've done everything.  Unplugged the printer, waited 30 seconds, plugged it back in.  Restarted my computer...  Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.  I cannot get the error to go away.

This is the SECOND Pixma that has errored out on me requiring me to purchase a new one after replacing ink.  I have an old bother that I purchased before both Pixma's and it's still chugging along ... 

Why are we having so much problems with the PIXMA with-in three years of the purchases?

I tried the support - but once I entered the make and model, the next page had NOTHING. 

Why I bought the first PIXMA was I wanted to scan to PDF feature, duplexing, book printing and the LARGE scanning area - but once they go, there is not fixing them.  I couldn't find another to replace, so I replaced it with the TS9020 -- not even 2 years old and this one took a dump.

On the phone waiting for support to pick-up.  Wait time expected between 55 - 60 min -- UUUGG!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements