cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA mx432 printer not responding - will not print!

Steph-S
Apprentice

We bought a new desk top computer (Dell) but my Canon Pixma mx432 will not print.  It is giving me an error saying printer not responding.  I have installed the manual and the drivers.  I can scan from my printer to my computer which means they are communicating. I have the printer plugged directly into the computer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Steph-S

Since the scanner driver will work but not the printer, I recommend removing and then reinstalling the driver. First you want to open the control panel on your computer and select View devices and printers. Once you are there, right click on the MX430 series icon and select remove device.

Once the icon is removed, please unplug the printers usb cord( you will plug it back in during the install) and then click the following link to download and then run the installer:mp68-win-mx430-1_03-ea24.exe

During the install, select usb connection and connect the cord when the message appears. After the printer installs, please try to print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Steph-S

Since the scanner driver will work but not the printer, I recommend removing and then reinstalling the driver. First you want to open the control panel on your computer and select View devices and printers. Once you are there, right click on the MX430 series icon and select remove device.

Once the icon is removed, please unplug the printers usb cord( you will plug it back in during the install) and then click the following link to download and then run the installer:mp68-win-mx430-1_03-ea24.exe

During the install, select usb connection and connect the cord when the message appears. After the printer installs, please try to print again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That did the trick!  Thank you!

ArthurJ,
I have the same problem as Steph-S. Would you provide me with the link to the installer for a MX490. Thanks
PatG2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

hI PatG2,

I will be happy to provide you with the link. Please click the link below for the printer/scanner driver.

Windows: mp68-win-mx490-1_02-ea33_3.exe

In case you are using Mac, there are two drivers you will need to install.

Printer driver: mcpd-mac-mx490-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg

Scanner driver: misd-mac-ijscanner15s-4_1_3-ea21_3.dmg

Louisianalover
Apprentice

go to the Canon site and download the newest drivers.. this will usually fix the prob.  otherwise try to do wireless printing.    

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements