cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX 892 isn't printing in all colors. I have replaced all color cartridges with no luck. Any help?

wendygmurphy
Apprentice

My MX 892 isn't printing in all colors. I have replaced all color cartridges, used the head cleaner option and even tried realigning the print head.  I'm still getting mostly yellow images, no magenta or blue.  Any help?

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, wendygmurphy!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer, and which application(s) you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8 (old I know) The problem persists on all applications, specifically  iPhoto, Powerpoint and Safari.  

Julius
Rising Star

Hi wendygmurphy,

Please try printing a nozzle check pattern.  How does your nozzle check appear compared to the sample below?

If the nozzle check is missing either the grid at the top or any of the bands of color, then the nozzles may be clogged.  Run a few deep cleanings and then try the nozzle check again.

To perform a Deep Cleaning: Press the MENU button. Select Setup > Maintenance > Deep Cleaning. Then follow the on screen prompts.

If the issue isn't resolved after a few deep cleanings, feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have run a few deep cleaning with fresh ink cartridges.  Now the printer will not print any colors.  

I'm having the same trouble Wendy...

But after about 10 regular cleanings and 5 deep cleanings my MP510's Magenta STILL doesn't work..Woman Frustrated

I know this is 3 years later but I am having the same problem with my mx892. I bought all brand new Canon ink cartridges. I deep cleaned twice and regular cleaned SIX times and it will not print yellow or blue. Only pink. I use this for my online business and I have to have it working properly. I am so sad.

Hi, Yoshi888!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Yoshi888,

Since the ink tanks were replaced in the unit and the cleanings and deep cleanings did not resolve the issue, please remove and reseat the ink tanks and print head in the unit by following the steps located here to see if this will help.  If the issue continues, the printer may require servicing; we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative for further assistance by entering your product name and selecting a support method here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements