cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5420 IJ Scan Utility missing

ztigges
Apprentice

Hi, I have the MG5420 and I went to scan a picture to my PC. I found that I did not have My Image Garden and I finally got that installed and now I find that I don't have the IJ Scan Utility. I may have had that at one time and hadn't used them, but I had to have my laptop re-imaged by Lenovo a few months back. 

I went to Canon Support and found a link to install the utility, but the link is broken. I get "page not found". 

My PC is running Windows 8. I can't figure out how to tell which version of Windows 8 on this new Windows. 

Please help me figure this out. I am on a deadline on getting this task completed for someone else.

Thank you,

Ztigges

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi ztigges,

The IJ Scan Utility program is installed as part of the driver installation for the printer.  The latest drivers for the printer can be downloaded from the Canon USA webste here.  Once on the page, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" field is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system. Please note that you may need to scroll up or down in the list to select your operating system.

2. Next, below the red box labeled "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS", locate the MINI MASTER SETUP file, then click the SELECT button to the right of the filename. When you do, a dark gray DOWNLOAD button will appear; below that, a checkbox will be shown asking you to agree to the terms of the disclaimer to continue with the download. Please click in that checkbox to agree to the terms. When you do, the dark gray DOWNLOAD button will turn red. Please click on the now red DOWNLOAD button; the file will start downloading. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the file, please double-click on it and follow the prompts to reinstall the printer and software on your computer.  The driver file downloaded is compatible with both the WIndows 8 and Windows 8 64-bit operating systems.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements