cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5220 error code

lpmullins
Apprentice

Hello.  I have a Canon MG 5220, and it just gave a message, "B200 Printer error has occurred.  Unplug the power cord and contact the service center."

Where is the "service center" and how do I contact it?

Or can anyone here give me a clue as to what the error code means and what to do?  In the meantime, the printer won't do anything.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ipmullins,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ipmullins,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the Canon contact info, Patrick!

I would contact them, but they require the serial number and date of purchase.  I could get the serial number off of the machine, I'm sure, but I have no idea when it was purchased. We have had it for several years.  At this point, I don't think it's worth the hassle and much easier and probably cheaper to just buy a new printer copier scanner.

aflamingo
Contributor

try reloading the printer driver.  it may take more than one try

Thank you, aflamingo!

How do I reload the printer driver?

AdhamTB
Apprentice

I have the same error but my printer is mg3540.

I tried to print a document and the error poped up,

I dont know what to do.

Please help.

Hi, AdhamTB!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Canyonator19
Apprentice

I have the same problem, Error Code200, and when I try to download the drivers it cannot connect to the printer since the Yellow light is flashing.  I've tried it numerous times after unplugging both the power and the USB connector from the compouter.

The troubleshooting solutions talk about removing the printhead and rinsing it out then attempting to print after it dries.

Tried to do this but could not see how the printhead was to be removed after I took out the 5 cartridges.

Announcements