cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4100 on Windows 7 gets print error

Fuzzydan
Apprentice

I had to reload the print driver after my hard drive crashed. Now I get a print error whenever I try to print a test page.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Fuzzydan!

I'll be glad to assist you with this issue.  I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.  Please disconnect the printer from the computer and follow the instructions below:

1.  Unplug the USB cable from your MF4150.

2.  Click [START] on the Windows task bar, select [(All) Programs].

3.  Select 'Canon', 'MF4100 series' (or MF4150 series), then select 'Uninstall'.  The MF Drivers Uninstaller window opens.

a.  Select 'Delete'.

b.  Click 'Yes' to confirm the uninstallation.

c.  Click 'Exit' (or Restart).

4.  Restart your computer.

Once your computer restarts, please follow these steps to download and install the drivers from Canon's web site:

1.  Visit our web site at: http://www.usa.canon.com

2.  After clicking SUPPORT & DRIVERS in the top right corner, select your model in the following manner:

a.  From the first menu, CONSUMER & HOME OFFICE.

b.  From the second menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTION.

c.  From the third menu, select your series, IMAGECLASS series.

d.  From the fourth menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE under imageCLASS MF4150.

3.  Your operating system will be automatically selected.

4.  Click on 'DRIVERS', then click on [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4150 MFDriver file to download the driver.

5.  Click on I Agree - Begin Download on the next page.

6.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save.  Once the file saves, click [Run]. 

The file that you download from the Canon website is .ZIP file.  When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.  Leaving the USB cable disconnected, please follow the instructions below to install the printer:

1.  Open your [Downloads] folder.

2.  You will see two icons with the name: MF4150_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN.exe. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

3.  In the folder you will see two listings for [Setup].  Double-click on the [Setup] that has the type as [Application].

4.  The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open.  Proceed through the steps and restart the computer.

5.  After restarting the computer, connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete.

6.  Print a document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Fuzzydan
Apprentice

Thanks, that helped. It works now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Fuzzydan!

I'll be glad to assist you with this issue.  I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.  Please disconnect the printer from the computer and follow the instructions below:

1.  Unplug the USB cable from your MF4150.

2.  Click [START] on the Windows task bar, select [(All) Programs].

3.  Select 'Canon', 'MF4100 series' (or MF4150 series), then select 'Uninstall'.  The MF Drivers Uninstaller window opens.

a.  Select 'Delete'.

b.  Click 'Yes' to confirm the uninstallation.

c.  Click 'Exit' (or Restart).

4.  Restart your computer.

Once your computer restarts, please follow these steps to download and install the drivers from Canon's web site:

1.  Visit our web site at: http://www.usa.canon.com

2.  After clicking SUPPORT & DRIVERS in the top right corner, select your model in the following manner:

a.  From the first menu, CONSUMER & HOME OFFICE.

b.  From the second menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTION.

c.  From the third menu, select your series, IMAGECLASS series.

d.  From the fourth menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE under imageCLASS MF4150.

3.  Your operating system will be automatically selected.

4.  Click on 'DRIVERS', then click on [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4150 MFDriver file to download the driver.

5.  Click on I Agree - Begin Download on the next page.

6.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save.  Once the file saves, click [Run]. 

The file that you download from the Canon website is .ZIP file.  When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.  Leaving the USB cable disconnected, please follow the instructions below to install the printer:

1.  Open your [Downloads] folder.

2.  You will see two icons with the name: MF4150_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN.exe. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

3.  In the folder you will see two listings for [Setup].  Double-click on the [Setup] that has the type as [Application].

4.  The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open.  Proceed through the steps and restart the computer.

5.  After restarting the computer, connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete.

6.  Print a document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Fuzzydan
Apprentice

Thanks, that helped. It works now.

Announcements