cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Cannon MG2120 and there is no scan option in the menu.

Gailmarie
Apprentice

I have a Cannone MG2120 Scanner/printer, and I'm really happy with it.  However, since I installed it on my new laptop, there is no scan option in the menu.  I can scan, but have to go into the printer under control panel and click to scan.  There is a row for scan, but nothing there.  No menu.JPG

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Gailmarie!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your laptop. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using Windows 8.1 on a Toshiba Satellite.  No.  I can scan, its just that I have to go into the control panal and bring up the printer, to do it.  Can't do it from the menu, as there's no option.  Thanks!

Well, I guess since I said it wasn't an emergency, no one is going to reply.  Thanks, folks.

Hi Gailmarie!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Ramona
Authority

Hi Gailmarie,

Installing the latest drivers and version of My Image Garden on your computer should provide you with the scanning options on the Quick Menu.  The following link will take you to the initial download page for your PIXMA MG2120:

PIXMA MG2120 Drivers and Software page

Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1.  Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2.  Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MP drivers file.  When you do, another page will appear giving details of the file you are about to download will appear.  

3.  Please scroll down on the Details page and agree to the terms of the disclaimer message to continue with the download process by clicking on the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button.  After clicking the "I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD" button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver.  The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded. 

Once you are done installing the drivers, please follow the steps above to also install the My Image Garden program on your computer, except for you will want to click on the red arrow next to the word "SOFTWARE" in Step 2 to locate and download the My Image Garden program.  After all of the drivers and software have been installed, please restart your computer.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements