cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IJ Scan Utility for Mac Catalina Not Working

Chessmonkey
Apprentice

I had no trouble using the IJ Scan Utility for Mac Catalina (10.15.6) but now receive this error message on both my iMac and MacBook Pro: 

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 8.28.41 PM.png

None of these things apply. The scanner IS turned ON. I'm able to both print and scan on it wirelessly using the driver from the Apple System Preferences window, but the IJ Scan Utility no longer functions.

I deleted the old IJ Utility, downloaded and installed the latest December version from Canon (IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.7 (Mac) File version: 2.3.7 Release date: 13 December 2019), but I still get the error message.

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Michael

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

And the model of your mystery printer is?  Please provide, we cannot guess?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It's an MG7720 combo printer/scanner. Thanks.

Hi Chessmonkey,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click once on your desktop,  so that "Finder" appears by the Apple in the upper left corner.

2.  A few to the right of Finder, click on GO.

3.  In the Go menu, please click on "Go to folder".

4.  In that box, please type:

/Library/Image Capture/Devices

and then click the Go button.

5.  Delete all files / folders that have "canon" in their name from this folder.

6.  Once they are all deleted, please close that window.

Next, we will reinstall the scanner driver:

1.  Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

2.  Click the Select button next to "ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3a (Mac)".

3.  Click the Download button.  The drivers will download.

4.  Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder.  To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5.  Double click "misd-mac-ijscanner15f-4_1_3-ea21_3.dmg", a disk image will be created on your desktop.

6.  Double click the disk image and the setup file inside to begin the installation.

7.  Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Following your instructions, I can now use the scanner from my iMac's Printer/Scanner Preferences window. But the IJ Scan Utility app did not show up in my Applications folder or under Launchpad. 

So, I clicked over to the Software tab and downloaded/installed [IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.3.8 (Mac)], which opens, but does not have as functions the image correction tools available when I open the Printer/Scanner driver from my iMac's Preferences window (see attached screenshot). What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.10.51 PM.png

Thanks,

Michael

Announcements