cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX860 scan driver errors

kgee25
Apprentice

I ve used an MX860 for many years very successfully until moving to Windows10 ( apparently not supported ) and now every few months I have to re install the drivers and MP Navigator EX 2.1 to get the scanner to work.

I use the Windows 8.1 64bit install download and all works fine for a while but then for no apparent reason the scanner stops working ( from both MP Navigator and Windows Fax & Scan ) showing driver errors.

Other computers on my network also loose the scanning functionality as well even though the printer funcyion always works.

In MP Navigator I get th following message 

"An err has occurred in the scanner driver ......"

It's almost as though some Windows 10 update seems to corrupt the driver then after a re install all's well again.

I realise it looks as though windows 10 isn't supported but there's nothing wrong with the MX860 and I'd really like to understand why I have to keep re installing it.

It's connected to the wired LAN and it's always been configured with a fixed ip address.

Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The MX860 is only compatible with Windows 8.1 and earlier.  You will have to use a computer with an earlier version of Windows in order to ensure full functionality of the printer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements