cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black lines not straight

Joop
Apprentice

My MG3100 series printer has two cartridges with integral printheads, one black and one 3-color.

They sit together on on a common carriage.

My problem is explained by discussing a spreadsheet with black grid lines as example.

When printing in portait, horizontal lines are straight, vertical lines are are like waves of the sea

When printing in landscape, it is just the other way, horizontal lines waves, vertical lines perfectly straight.

When printing text:

Portrait : From left to right , characters are on straight lines but inclined forward, gradually change to vertical and then to inclined backwards, and so on.

Landscape: Vertically upright characters on wavy lines.

Running the alignment procedures (both 'automatic' as well as 'manual') does not help.

Exchanging the black cartridge does not help either (I have tried more than two!)

In the maintenance section of printer properties it is possible to select printing with color cartridge only, which means that black is mixed from the three colors.

Now all lines are perfectly straight! Characters are normal.

Yet both cartridges are on the same carriage!

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Yup, sounds like a bad head cartridge.  Hopefully, it just isn't properly seated.  Try reseating it.  Try different paper, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements