cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is a user manual for the Camera Connect app? (For my Powershot SX60)

maxglitz
Apprentice

I've spent WAY too much time searching for Camera Connect's user manual. Seems Camera Window is outdated and I initially wanted that just to have a way to shoot remotely. A bit miffed about the long search that's adding insult to injury to Canon's elimination of a regular remote for this Powershot SX60 HS. I've downloaded and installed the app on my iPhone and successfully shot remotely, but don't have a clue what else it does and how to do it.

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

Seems there isn't any user manual for the App so it's something left up to the user. I did find an article that laid it out the menus fairly well.

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-use-the-canon-camera-connect-app/

There is also a remote control jack under the cover on the right side that will accept any wired, like the wired RS-60E3 or wireless controls using a 2.5MM remote control plug. I got both the wired and a wireless model as long as it has a 2.5MM plug it will work on your SX60

Thanks, John.
That article looked great and I'm going to save it where my REAL manuals go on my Mac. Shame that Canon left us to our own devices. I actually have that very wired remote you mentioned, but found it a clumsy mess compared to the clean simplicity of tiny, wireless remotes of yesteryear. I figured I'd bite the bullet and get YET ANOTHER piece of software since I always have my iPhone with me. 

Where, oh where, did simplicity go?

Thanks again.

lol! Your welcome Max

There are some small wireless remotes out there. The one I got is about the size of a small TV remote so it's hardly pocket size.

Announcements