Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Connecting SX40 HS to pc for video streaming

Hi, all!

Can I connect Canon SX40 HS to DVB capture card for video streaming ?

This camera can share live camera ?

Thanks

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Connecting SX40 HS to pc for video streaming

Hi there,

The camera does have an HDMI output so as long as your capture card has an HDMI input and your computer is using streaming software you should be able to see a live image from the camera, however this camera does not have a "clean" HDMI output so you will see exactly what you are seeing on the LCD screen including any of your settings display or any other interface on the screen.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your response.
I can't see live camera

Yes, both camera and capture card has HDMI But I can see only images and videos that token before and saved on SD card

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, I have exactly the same question and I also can't see the preview through HDMI. I can only see the captured photos.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Did anyone figure out a solution to this? I'm having this same issue, but with my G9 X. I can't get the camera feed to appear in OBS thorugh the capture card. Everything seems to be connected properly, but all I'm seeing is color bars on OBS.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The short answer is no you cannot stream live video, you will only see pictures you have taken output from the HDMI

Highlighted
VIP

@John_ wrote:

The short answer is no you cannot stream live video, you will only see pictures you have taken output from the HDMI

D17AE498-BE22-486D-A6CD-64D7C6761D40.jpeg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."