cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SX40 HS to pc for video streaming

hrzrahimi
Apprentice

Hi, all!

Can I connect Canon SX40 HS to DVB capture card for video streaming ?

This camera can share live camera ?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

The camera does have an HDMI output so as long as your capture card has an HDMI input and your computer is using streaming software you should be able to see a live image from the camera, however this camera does not have a "clean" HDMI output so you will see exactly what you are seeing on the LCD screen including any of your settings display or any other interface on the screen.

Thanks for your response.
I can't see live camera

Yes, both camera and capture card has HDMI But I can see only images and videos that token before and saved on SD card

Yes, I have exactly the same question and I also can't see the preview through HDMI. I can only see the captured photos.

Did anyone figure out a solution to this? I'm having this same issue, but with my G9 X. I can't get the camera feed to appear in OBS thorugh the capture card. Everything seems to be connected properly, but all I'm seeing is color bars on OBS.

The short answer is no you cannot stream live video, you will only see pictures you have taken output from the HDMI

@John_ wrote:

The short answer is no you cannot stream live video, you will only see pictures you have taken output from the HDMI

D17AE498-BE22-486D-A6CD-64D7C6761D40.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi all,

It looks like I messed up my previous post, but I apologive if for some reason I posted this twice. 

It is possible to stream with this camera. I have done it. Basically, you need to go into settings, turn off all items on display. Then, use a mini USB to RCA adapter to get a video output. The HDMI output only outputs in play mode (which is kind of annoying tbh) but it is possible to send an analog video signal through the mini USB as the manual indicates. I have tested it and it works. 

Here is a cord if you are interested. https://www.amazon.ca/Video-Audio-Cable-Canon-Camera/dp/B07JLXWWND/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Mini...

Also you would need this if you are using a computer https://www.amazon.ca/UCEC-Capture-Device-Converter-Windows/dp/B07PS2TD9L/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywor...

Edit: I should mention that the output does not have full HD. It's about 640p, not what it can record in unfortionately. Also, I forgot to meantion that the focus bar does stay, but it can be made smaller and moved to a corner. I covered this up with my powerpoint in OBS. 

Interesting...So once you convert it from mini USB to AV and then back from AV to USB your computer sees the SX40 camera as a webcam?

@John_ wrote:

Interesting...So once you convert it from mini USB to AV and then back from AV to USB your computer sees the SX40 camera as a webcam?

That post is complete nonsense.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements