cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect doesn't recognize ipad

charleyhorse
Contributor

I've followed the directions, started Camera Connect on my iPad, then cranked up the wifi on my G16. However, the process hangs there, with a message from the Camera Connect telling me to start the application on my G16 - which is already running.

Any hints as to how I can fix this? I'm going to Europe in 2 weeks for a month's vacation and need to fix this.. Thanks.

Charley

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi charleyhorse!

Our forum is designed for Canon owners to share solutions amongst each other. While our community members are welcome to chime in, if this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

Janekong
Enthusiast
Why not move your videos to computer firstly, then import to Canon?

Mykolas
Authority

I recommend starting the connection process over by doing the following:

1. Press the PLAYBACK button, then press the WI-FI button next to the MENU button to open the Wi-Fi menu.
  2. Choose to connect to a smartphone.
  3. Select [Add a Device]. An SSID for the camera will now be displayed on the screen.  Please make note of it.
  4. On your iPad, open the Wi-Fi connections screen.  There should be a network listed with an SSID matching the one for the camera.  Connect to it.
  5. Start Camera Connect App on your iPad.  You will need to register a nickname for your iPad.  When you do, your camera should detect the iPad and the connection screen will be displayed on the camera.
  6. Choose to connect to the iPad.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements