03-10-2014 08:04 PM
I want to factory restore my camera because when I try to import all of my pictures intoa folder on my laptop, I cannot because I somehow have these folders in my camera folder with the names of "ΩG9⌡½╦g.'e_", "Ñq∙≤r▄x.╛8" and "\╜⌠W.≤≥.:▓ä" (these are just a few names of the folders and FILES) I cannot seem to delete these folders and files from my camera folder. If I am missing a drive or software update, kidnly tell me HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM :'(.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-11-2014 10:14 AM
I have several questions on this:
1. Are the photos still showing in the camera when you preview them? If not, the memory card may have gone bad.
2. When you are trying to delete the files, is the camera connected via USB or is the memory card in a card reader? If the camera is connected with a USB cable, try a card reader. If it is in a card reader, is the card locked? There is a slide on the side of the card for this that I find gets changed too easily when taking the card out of the camera.
3. What type of computer (Windows, MAC) are you using and what operating system? Also which software are you using to download the files and delete?
4. Have you tried another memory card to see if you have the same results? The card may just need to be formatted, but obviously you will lose anything thats on the card.
5. If you are using a USB cable, see if a different cable gives better results. Cables can go bad too.
6. Remote possibility is that you have a virus on the computer, but not likely unless other picture files are affected too.
03-11-2014 03:19 PM - edited 03-11-2014 03:20 PM
2) Memory card in SD slot. The card is not locked.
3) Windows 7 (x64). No software: just remove the mem.card from camera, insert it into laptop memory SD card slot and copy/ move files into folder on laptop.
4) I'm willing to try the second part of your #4 suggestion. How to reformat the card, I already have everything needed on it and I'm ready to start fresh!
5 and 6) Everything is good, no virus due to daily scan and cable fuctions without a problem!
03-11-2014 04:26 PM
Okay. Format the memory card with the camera only. Do not format the card with the Windows software. Press the menu button on the camera, then select the tools (the tab on the top with the wrench and screwdriver icon), then scroll down to the format, and press the func/set button. Then wait for the menu to reappear, and the format is then complete.
03-22-2014 03:28 PM - last edited on 03-22-2014 03:35 PM by Danny
I just tried your suggestion and OMG, it WORKED!
Thank you sooo muchh! I really appreciate it =D