wifi?

chaz
Apprentice
How do I connect my sx280x to my android tablet using WiFi?
2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi chaz!

Thank you for posting on our forum.

You will first need to search the Google Play Store on your device for Canon CameraWindow then download and install it.  Once this is done, please follow the steps below:

1. Run CameraWindow on your tablet, then register a name for the tablet.  This name is what will be displayed on the camera.
  2. On the back of the camera, press the UP button to open the Wi-Fi menu.
  3. Select the smartphone option.
  4. Select [Add a Device].  The camera's SSID and encryption key will be displayed.
  5. Use your tablet to connect to the network that is displayed on the camera screen.
  6. Start CameraWindow on the tablet. 
  7. Once connection is established, the camera will prompt you to select a device.  Choose the device you are connecting to.
  8. Adjust your privacy settings.

Once the tablet has been added successfully, the image transfer screen will appear.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried using the instructions you have provided, but, when I try to connect to the network the camera asks me to enter the encryption key. I enter the key provided in step 4 and the camera says it is the wrong key.
Announcements